Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Soul mates...




From the beginning they were soul mates…
One from America and One from Nepal…
According to Wikipedia the free encyclopedia a Soul mate is someone with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, friendship, love, intimacy, sexuality, and/or compatibility. A related concept is that of the twin flame or twin soul – thought to be the ultimate soul mate, the one and only other half of one's soul, for which all souls are driven to find and join.

Soul mate is a fascinating concept. Could it be predestination? Are Soul mates drawn together by destiny or fate? Is being with our soul mate something we have no control over? The idea of predestination and connection even after death between soul mates is comforting if not enchanting. The big question is what happens in the time-space-continuum when someone fails to find their soul mate and marries someone else?

I got married quite young and I clearly did not marry my soul mate. The results of this situation were five beautiful, brilliant children and 17 years of a difficult and strained relationship which ended in divorce. The interesting thing is, four of my five children have actually found and married their soul mates. My other child is still looking for her soul mate.

Up to this point in my life I can honestly say that even though I have missed the connection with my soul mate, I have been blessed to witness the incredible energy that is generated when true soul mates bond.

It is a profound connection that takes place with no intentional effort, but rather a sort of divine grace. The soul mate relationship is so important to your own soul that it seems like there is nothing more precious in life.
If you’re lucky enough to have found your soul mate, treasure him/her. If you haven’t found your soul mate, for heaven’s sake keep looking until you do!


What do you think?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent photoshop work momma!

I agree with what you have said. I feel so happy about my life because I have Paul. We truly are meant to be together.

I think you should keep looking too!!

Anonymous said...

That was really nice, I liked it and I do agree with it too. I loved and had a conection with Sulav the very first time I saw him in the year 2000 and we didn't even start dating until 2002.
Love you
-Amber